Wednesday, September 24, 2014

He Hath Borne Our Griefs

Just something to think about when our load is a bit too heavy to bear. (Isaiah 53:3-5):
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I am grateful for the healing we receive from Jesus and the willingness with which he freely gives it. I get wrapped up in my problems too often, and sometimes I want to "hide my face", forgetting there is real help. I don't know how it is real, but I know it is, for me, and for anyone who will ask.
Too often I face the school day, or other stresses, and feel very alone in it all. At other times, I realize, and remember that He really will give me guidance, even at work, especially with students. Even yesterday after a pretty long day at school, I received gentle reminders that I am doing better than I think and that I have what I need to help the students already in place.
For anyone dealing with issues, grief, sorrow, sin, depression, any weakness: I know that help is available from the Lord. I know also that getting help is as simple as taking the first step of asking God for wisdom and strength. This scripture from Ether 12:27 reinforces the willingness our Savior has to assist us when we ask:
"27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
I know this works. I know He loves each of us and will help us bridge the gaps and fill the holes in our lives. I'm still learning more about this, I am still asking and begging for help all the time, but I am grateful that I know where to turn for help. 

Scriptures retrieved from: https://www.lds.org

No comments: