| Raising this cat...has been a struggle-mostly for Jenna! |
18 And it came to pass that when they had gathered themselves together that he spake unto them in this wise, saying: O ye, my people, lift up your heads and be comforted; for behold, the time is at hand, or is not far distant, when we shall no longer be in subjection to our enemies, notwithstanding our many strugglings, which have been in vain; yet I trust there remaineth an effectual struggle to be made.
---
33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.
Each of us has burdens we are facing. Some are self-inflicted. Some are given to us through our mortal experience, and some are inflicted on us through the choices of others. All of these trials (if you will) are given to us. We can respond to them as we choose.
These verses remind us that we can choose, if we desire, to trust God. They promise (and I believe) that despite the "effectual struggle" God WILL deliver us from bondage.
That struggle is good for us. It is how we gain strength. It is how we grow our faith. I may not always enjoy the struggle, but I am grateful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment