Thursday, September 25, 2008

4:01 a.m.


Well. It's another REALLY early morning. I am not sure why I am awake. Dallin was kind of whining because his blankets fell off, I think that's what woke me up. I was in the middle of a dream about flying over the ocean...and then driving over it and visiting shops along the way. I never thought I'd see cars driving to England. Why was I going to England anyway? Dreams are very interesting. Oh, and there was a guy who was eating the rest of my lunch that I had thrown away.
The dream right before that I was with two of my cousins that I RARELY see, which made me think about some of my family on my mom's side. They are really good people, but I don't know them very well. My grandma, Mazie, just passed away early this year and I hope it's not the last time that I see some of them. Maybe there needs to be some kind of reunion. It's hard when people live all over the country.
Dreams are pretty interesting. I seem to have at least one I can remember every night. They range from the completely insane to things that could happen everyday. Even the normal everyday things seem to have a different consciousness about them in a dream. Of course driving to England in an airplane, watching diesels go by and stopping at shops, is quite an interesting experience.
There have been a few times when I have really tried to figure out if there was anything I needed to pay attention to in these dreams. I think that sometimes there has been. A lot of times they can urge us to get in contact with people we haven't contacted in a while. One dream even got me to the airport on time so I could be there for my brother Nate to be home from his mission. His plane was early and the night before I had dreamed I missed his getting off the plane. So, my friend Nate Barker and my brother Danny (the great Dhzan to some...) went quite early and urgently to the airport. The rest of my family missed it.
So. Can dreams tell us somethings important? Probably not every time (especially when zombies or my flying without mechanical assistance are involved...ha ha...), but once in a while there is a different feeling and I think it merits asking oneself, "Should I do something because of this?"
I don't really know the answer, but I really believe that dreams can be lot more than nightly entertainment. Though sometimes that's all they'd better be!
I wonder what Dallin dreams about...sometimes he we will here him crying out at night, sometimes he'll just start laughing. Something is going on on the little screen in his head.
Anyway. This is a really weird post, but I will probably be able to go back to sleep now. Jenna and I can swap dreams later. We always do! It makes for REALLY interesting conversation.
I'm going back to bed...

6 comments:

Ragan said...

Now I'm curious to know who you were dreaming about? I agree, we need to have family reunions -- but I also highly doubt that we'll ever have as many of us together at one time again. During Grandma's funeral I was thinking how great it would be to go to church every Sunday with everybody that was there... and thinking maybe that's what heaven will be like.

Jeff Corry said...

Ragan,
Well, it was you and Becky, and Becky was inviting our families or something to her new house to swim in her pool or something seemingly normal.She seemed a little apprehensive, but really wanted us to come over. You know how dreams are, it's more of a feeling. My regret here is that in reality I should have at least talked to her (Becky)at the funeral. I know there was a lot going on. But I kind of feel some strange bond with you and her and Stuart because we are all about the same age, and until my family moved to Cedar we always saw each others families. I also think you are right about heaven being like going to church and having dinners with everybody. Anyway. Maybe it was total randomness, but it helped me think that maybe I need to try a bit harder to stay in contact with extended family as well as my own.

Julianna said...

I love dreams. I think they are fascinating. I look my dreams up in the dream dictionary online. You should try it too.

Valeri Crockett said...

I've had some of the greatest dreams about thing's to come in my life. . . and then I have those other ones where I should just wake up because they are getting more phsycho by the minute! Thanks for sharing, I thought it was interesting.

Unknown said...

I loved reading about your dreams and the meanings there of and that they contain. Keep up the good posts!

Chelseys Blog said...

Hey... why am I not your "Great Blogs List"? Ok I know mine is not great... but my daughter sure is cute!!!