I have been working in Kanab at KES for 12 years. I have been driving to Kanab for 12 years. Twelve really great years that I was able to grown and learn and enjoy friendships in Orderville and the Valley. Twelve years that I also made friends in Kanab and was able to feel a part of both wonderful communities.
The past few years Jenna has been the owner of the Red Rock Dance Company. We have made countless trips to Kanab from Orderville to my work and hers. It was okay for a little while, but after the birth of our last baby, it was just too much.
We had been praying for quite a while for the opportunity to arrive to move to Kanab. Years really. We weren't in a rush to leave the Valley and its wonderful people, but the drive was taking its toll after so many years. The timing never felt right until this year.
And then it did. And it all worked out. It was a bit crazy, but it worked.
Trust in the Lord and his timing. I have received that advice many times in my life. It is real. If we will wait on Him, the best course will unfold. He will stretch us.
My life has been one where I have had to learn to wait. What do I wait for? Peace. Confirmation. The Spirit to help me move forward. Sometimes I feel like it's the lazy way to do things, but then I remember that every time I have tried to move things forward in "my own way", it never works out very well.
That's not the same for everybody in this world. For some people pushing and striving hard...moving Heaven and Earth to achieve their goals, it works for them. That's awesome. I haven't ever felt that it works for me...and that's okay. I know the pattern for my life, and I am learning that to keep peace in my soul...I have to wait for peace to confirm my forward moving changes and decisions.
We still used our agency. We prayed to move. We prepared. We delayed several times because it didn't feel quite right. We were sad to leave, but when the time was right...it was right.
It was funny. Three families were involved in our move. The Stubbs - whose home we bought, the Esplins - who bought ours, and of course us. Thanks to an amazing loan officer, Terri Stoddard, in Sandy, Utah, we all experienced success. Thanks to the other two amazing families we got to work with and get to know as friends, as well as sellers and buyers, our moving experience was really positive.
I'm grateful for good people. I am grateful for reassurances when trying to do the right thing. I consider myself pretty dumb when it comes to life. My wife probably does better at many things than I do. Many other people around me do much better, but I am grateful that I am not alone with my decisions, and that the Lord will be and wants to be involved. I honestly felt his Spirit many times during this process, reassuring me that we were making the right decision. What does this decision hold for us?
Good things. Probably new challenges. Growth. That's what life is about: Becoming something.
I don't know exactly what will happen, but we have been guided to this Ward and this town. We are surrounded by wonderful people here. We have been welcomed. We're also grateful that Orderville isn't too terribly far. Because we get a little homesick for our hometown of 13 years every once in a while.
Here's to the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment