"I think if all men knew and understood who they are, and were aware of the divine source from whence they came, and of the infinite potential that is part of their inheritance, they would have feelings of kindness and kinship for each other that would change their whole way of living and bring peace on earth. "
"We believe in the dignity and divine origin of man. Our faith is founded on the fact that God is our Father, and that we are his children, and that all men are brothers and sisters in the same eternal family. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith, Chapter 20: Love and Concern for All Our Father’s Children)"
I am grateful that I can see others as my brothers and sisters. It helps me handle a lot of my interactions, positive and negative, differently than I would otherwise. I am grateful to be a son of God. I am grateful my wife and family also fall into the category of Children of God. It makes getting a long with those around me so much easier, it is more of a blessing than anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment