Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I Had a Dream Last Night...

I had a dream last night. I have had it before...well. I have been to the place before. According to my dream it is where I currently live and the former owner, Dale Payne, left a lot more house for me than I use, or even remember.
It's just a dream. The house doesn't even look the same as the one we bought. On the top floor there is a door that goes out the back of this house-I suppose it is to a garage. (Sometimes it is just another completely different home on the same property, they are still connected.)But. There are also steps that go downstairs. Three floors. Each floor has a lot of usable space and things in it. The first has a family room and bedrooms. The second down has a family room and a large bedroom, it is in decent shape, but it is older. The last floor-the lowest- has a lot of clutter. There is a small family room and there is also a storage room with a couple refrigerators. There are also things that the previous owner has left. Every time I dream of the place I mean to get in the refrigerators and clean them out. I never get that far.
Last night the dream and the place were a bit different. There was more than just the large home. There were two gymnasiums. I got a tour of a really nice one from a nice gentleman. I do not know who he is, but he was familiar to me and kind (Almost like Mr. Rogers...okay...) On the way into the gymnasium we were in a very nice place, mountainous and green. It seemed about evening time. There was a lot of room to enjoy, but it was empty at that time. There was a walkway across the one I toured.
The last part of the dream before it got weird and changed into a coin gathering game...was back in the home. In the basement there was a room I hadn't been in before, it was basically an old shop. Everything was still in it. It hadn't been opened for a long time, but things were still marked for sale. Vintage type things lined the shelves. We wanted to open it up again and get it going.
The whole experience was really vivid. I have had several vivid dreams the last several days. I don't know why, but they have been very interesting. I personally feel that dreams are a way of dealing with things, or facing things that we can't face in reality. Is there reality tied to them? I think there can be. Not all dreams are created equal. Many are just...entertaining or something else.
This dream last night seemed to mean something to me. I have been to this house before in other dreams. It is usually the same, perhaps I notice more each time. This time Jenna had put our kids and others to sleep on the second floor, they were all tucked in cozy and looked peaceful. It was nice. There seemed to be more than the three we have, so maybe we had visitors.
So what does it all mean? I don't know exactly, but I think that it had something to do with my life. I am in a good place right now, but there are things that I either want to do, or wish I could do, or even know I could do, but I don't. I felt like it was a dream showing me that there are so many opportunities in life that we don't take advantage of. I live in my house, I do my work, I raise my family and I am happy doing that, but perhaps I could do more things that would enrich my experience here on Earth and add to my enjoyment. I worry a lot about over doing, I do that often, but I think if I could get out of some of my ruts of habit and try some new things I would be happier.
Don't get me wrong. I am happy. I am blessed and I know it. The Lord is good to me and my family. I am grateful for that. But. Perhaps He would be happier with me if he saw me doing more outside of the four walls I enclose myself in. I have a book that needs finishing, places I want to go, and people I want to see.
Will I do it? I hope I do more. But for me it will be gradual. Line upon line.
We are here on Earth to experience life. Not to be walled in by our fears and perceived truths. There is so much goodness and life to enjoy. We need to find the real truth of our existence. I believe that I have been led to much truth in my life and I hope to be able to find more. I believe there are certain ways of living that bring happiness and I feel I do a great job at many of them, but I could do more. I could be more. We all could. We are happy when we are doing new and exciting things. What will mine be? What will yours be?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. I have had some similar dreams that have had a great deal of meaning to me. Perhaps not to anyone else, but a special message for me. I do appreciate dreams and I feel that sometimes, they are things of our pre life, that we have forgotten, or just another one of those amazing learning experiences. Thank you so much. It is food for thought for myself and where I am at.

Jeff Corry said...

You're welcome Myrna! I have had some interesting experiences in the past with dreams, at least one that was a simple forewarning. I dreamed that my brother came home early on the plane from his mission. So the next day we sent early to the airport in Cedar. Lo and behold, he came home early! I am glad I listened to that one. Thanks for your comment, it strengthens my testimony of the ways that the Lord uses to communicate to use beyond the Still Small Voice.