Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just a Little Summer

I really picked the right profession. I mean...if you aren't really concerned about being a multi-bajillionaire...then yeah. Teaching is the way to go. Especially this time of year.
Of course you'd buy from her.
Don't get me wrong. I love teaching. I love the education system (well...MOST of the time...). I even love going to different trainings and meetings because of the people I work with. It is a blessed career. Except the money...but...yeah. Whatever right? Who needs...money...
This summer has been really great so far. I haven't really done much. That's probably been one of the best parts. It has been strictly time with my wife and our three kids. Sure...we have traveled...a little: Cedar City and St. George. Definitely nothing fancy, but it has been nice.
So what have we been doing?
Jenna has been running around to different parties to sell Usborne books. I am really glad she has this going for her. She likes to stay busy and I like to see her happy finding ways to fulfill herself.
Scott came home in June! This is him and Grandpa Hefley.
Dallin has been playing with his friends, swimming with his family, and playing some video games...with his dad and sister...and alone. He's also been reading a lot. We are pretty proud of how much he loves to engage in activities that push his mind. He's got a real thirst for knowledge and he even tries to apply it! Jenna took Dallin down to St. George today and he was able to participate in his first Karate lesson. We are excited about this. This little guy needs something like Karate. I mean...he's already fighting with swords and such to video game music...so why not be a little ninja too?
Allison, is doing really well. She dances and sings. While they were in St. George today she was able to go to a little camp at Diamond Talent. When I talked with her on the phone she was very proud of herself and how she had done. I love to see her confidence grow in her abilities. We all need to have that confidence.
These guys love Papa Bill!
Parker and I have been spending the day together here in O-town. I love that little guy and it has been really good for me as a dad to just spend one on one with him. It is a rare commodity with three children. All of them need time and patience and that runs short some days, when we are caught up in our own "stuff". I have enjoyed seeing him develop and grow...and even develop his own quirks. He's a funny dude. Seriously.
So what about me? I did have a nice training last week in Kanab. Our grade level team was able to get a lot of work done for the coming year. I love working with those ladies, they are pretty awesome. It is exciting to see how we each fill different roles in our team and yet working together we are extremely effective. Extremely. That's a little bit of a brag...but...I believe it is true.
I have also been working on a book this summer. The book was my backup plan if I didn't get the principal job...
So...I didn't get the job, but you know...it's okay. In fact it's better than okay. I have been able to still use the skills I gained through my Master's program to help the new principal get situated...and lets face it. He's an awesome guy. I have known him since the Elementary Block at SUU and I have the highest respect for him.
Parker loves the animals!
Things are nice for us right now. Don't get me wrong, we have ups and downs in the family and other stress sometimes. That's learning and growing for you! We work it out. We are anchored in the gospel. The more I am with my family the more I realize how the family is a school for life. The Lord set it up pretty well. I am grateful for that.
Anyway. That's it for now. Just needed to catch up!

2 comments:

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Holy Moley! Is that Herr Corry? Sheesh, he's getting old! :)
You have a cute family, Jeff!