We hear quite often in the Church that the direction we are traveling is more important than the speed. I think there is a lot of wisdom in this. The Lord's way of growth is "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little". (2 Ne. 28:30) This mean that over time we are making changes and improving.
So. I have a talent for stress. I know I am not alone. Most of my stress comes from either high expectations for myself, or high expectations for others. My job can be a major source of this stress. I really, really love teaching, but it is a never ending improvement process. I am glad for this. I look back at my few years and realize I am a much better teacher than I was. This is good. I also look forward and realize how very much there is too do! I believe the same goes for parenting, church service, and really any activity where we are engaged with other souls.
The best advice I have been able to feel for myself is to "Trust in the the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding." (Prov. 3:5-6) All thine heart is a tall order. This would leave no room for doubt in trusting that the Lord knows us and our hearts and will "order all things for for our good as fast as we are able to receive them." (D&C 111:11) Trusting in something fully brings a lot of peace to our hearts. Trusting in the Lord fully and giving him our doubts and fears brings lasting peace and infinite progress. Maybe not totally stress-free, but it clears clouds and points our path clearly. Knowing we are on the right path in life is the most peaceful feeling of all.
4 comments:
So... I look like a total goon in that picture... :) But I really liked your thoughts honey. I understand stress! :) And I need to trust more. I liked what bishop said the other night about "Faith being a choice", and I think it kind of applies here as well. I need to trust and have faith that things will work out, and not stress. Just let things work out. Stressing usually is pointless, and yet always happening... Oh well.. We'll try together to get better. :)
What up? You have always been an amazing example to all around. Over the years I have seen the pressure from always wanting to do better and be better attack you from every angle. Jeff, you are a hero! Fight the stress by not fighting. Does that make sense? Stress' biggest weapons are thinking that you have to do something, thinking that something is wrong and has to change, and wondering what it is. Fight back by knowing that you are amazing the way you are and you don't have to do anything to change. The Lord has his plans for us all and He will help us get though the easy times and the faith trying times if we listen. Jeff you are one that always listens so no worries.
Just wanted to tell you I love you... :) in the words of Dallin- "So So So So much"!
Hey Honey... You still need to do your tag... Sam- If you read this- you too... :) Love you! :)
Post a Comment