Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A While Later...

Well obviously it's been a while since I have last written! Over a year. That's just plain sad. Or...maybe life's been crazy. Perhaps I just didn't make it a priority. So it goes. 
The last few months have been pretty crazy here on this planet. In March, school was shut down due to precautions associated with the Covid-19 virus. I was sitting in school that day saying to my students that there was "no way they'll shut us down." Something to that effect. They shut us down later that afternoon. What has followed has been one of the most frustrating and strange times of my life. I realize that it pales in comparison to the war experiences other generations have lived through, but for us - my family - it has been a tough, memorable, and ultimately "centering" experience. 
The time spent at home under quarantine was good. I was able to teach, plan, and still associate with my students. Virtual connection wasn't as great as face to face, but at least we still had something. I am very grateful for that. 
After school ended - which was also strange, we enjoyed a fairly busy summer. Jenna had several camps. It was nice to see her be able to get back into her dance studio and finish up the year with a month of classes and recitals. All of it was toned down, but it was still great.
 She also was in a place where she had to find a new studio site. The City had decided to use the gymnastics room for another purpose, and so she was put into a pretty difficult spot. Through some divine intervention she was led to talk to a really great lady in our community who just happened to have a building that had just been cleared out. So...being Jenna, she went for it. We have spend much of the end of our summer getting the new place ready.
 Wes and Kellie came down with their family for several days and helped us so much. They are always so good to be helpful with Jenna's big projects. 
After that was finished - I had a mental breakdown for few days. I was exhausted - and needed to be reminded to slow down. So after some days of panic and talking with some people, I got into a better spot. Not too soon either because school was getting to the starting point again. 
And here we are. School starts tomorrow. Masks and everything. I'm excited to see students in person - not excited for masks, but we'll play along until everything can get squared away and we can have normalcy again. 
Through these last few months, as crazy as they have been, we have been blessed. God has been with us. We have enjoyed having Church meetings at home. Being able to administer the Sacrament to my family has been a blessing for me. It has also brought me an appreciation for what the Gospel actually means to me and my family. I am so grateful for divine guidance and comfort. Personal revelation has been crucial as well as Priesthood blessings to give direction, comfort, and hope. We live in a crazy time, but we are not left to wander aimlessly. I am grateful. 
...I sure hope things get to a little more normal place though! 

No comments: