I believe in comfort. I know, through my own experience that it can come. It can come through friends. From family. From a spouse. It can come from our Heavenly Father, His Son, and the Spirit. I believe this.
| Not Alone |
Feeling alone teaches us. It can motivate us to reach out to other people so we don't feel alone. One of the best ways to lose that feeling is to help another who is struggling. There problems may be worse or not than ours. Perhaps they have experienced things we can only imagine, but when we reach out to them our loneliness fades and it is likely that theirs will be reduced. It may not make problems go away but discussing them with another can alleviate how difficult they appear and may give us renewed perspective.
Sometimes discussing them with another person or our Heavenly Father can help us see that, while heavy our burdens are not unbearable. For other trials, we may see that our burdens were never burdens at all, but blessings meant to strengthen us.
Prayer is a great help. It can lead to solutions, action (if we allow it), and enlightenment. Perhaps answers will come immediately. Most likely not. There is value in our struggle. Faith can never grow if it is never opposed, but to those who stay steadfast and never quit faith will be increased. I know this because I have experienced it. My life at this point is a result of answered prayers, Jenna, my kids, our home, even dumb stuff. I know the Lord listens. I also know that He will not always give immediately and that at times we need to prove ourselves. So we know we are ready for blessings. He will not give us more than we can handle, blessings or trials. But we need to prove ourselves. D&C 111:11 comes to mind, " Therefore, be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them. Amen." There is a lot said in that scripture and it applies well to many areas of life, especially for things we want or believe we need.
2 comments:
I couldn't help but smile when you wrote how your wife, kids, house, even your "dumb stuff" is an answer to your prayers. I feel the same way. I have so much with Ben and my kids and extended family, along with those daily temporal blessings. And the dumb stuff Heavenly Father blesses me with.
It's true isn't it. Heavenly Father gives us so much it is mind boggling sometimes! Even the "dumb" stuff shows that He likes to pour it on!
Post a Comment