Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back...


Okay. It's been a while. Jenna is definitely more dedicated to bloggery than I am, but in my defense it has been a CRAZY 6 weeks.
We are adjusting quite well to everything and just blessed Allison Elizabeth on Sunday. It was nice, I am grateful for revelation.
I think the second time around is much easier. With Dallin I could hardly sleep the first night...with Allison. I threw a blanket over my head (it was cold...but not to Jenna...) and went to sleep. Jenna couldn't wake me until she started throwing things. That is true love...and much more confidence in the gift of lungs. Though we did have a choking scare that first night due to quite a bit of amniotic fluid. More was sucked out the next afternoon also.
Needless to say we have been exceptionally tired this last few weeks. School has been more of a challenge, but things are looking up.
It is all worth it though as it seems to be that we grow closer to God in our extremity. A little over a week after Allison was born I got the root canal of my life. That is saying something, because I have had plenty. I thought I was being extra prepared and got into the dentist before it completely flared up. But I was wrong. The surgery was performed...and then the pain began. It got infected and not even very adequate painkillers could do very much for me. At one point during this week ordeal (yes, a week...) our bishop, who is also our neighbor, Shane Frost came to give a blessing. It was late. He then proceeded to drive me over to Cedar City after 11:00 p.m. so Dr. Brown could drill and little and numb me up. It really helped. I really appreciated Shane and Sean taking me over the mountain and Dr. Brown for coming late after Church meetings the day before he flew to Nebraska.
I guess in all this, with a baby and tooth and other adventures we have had lately, we have been made really aware how much the people around us care for us. We try to be helpful members of the community yet the community has really been the ones to take care of us. I believe the Lord is pleased for the most part with the people in this area. They are sincerely trying. I don't think we deserve the help we have received, but I am grateful the Lord has seen fit to help us out.
Anyway. Not much else to say for now. We are doing well and are very happy, if not very tired much of the time. We have a good life. We hope to continue to be worthy of what we are blessed with.

4 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

Yes... What a crazy 6 weeks it has been! :) Thank you for all of your help during them. We are a perfect team I think. :) I love you

Valeri Crockett said...

Wow, sorry about the whole root canal thing, that's rough! Glad you guys are doing well and I'm sure you are enjoying the little girl!

Marisa Jean said...

I almost couldn't finish reading this when you got into the root canal getting infected. Shudder. But, like you said, you have nice neighbors that like and obviously take care of you. By the way, your family looks wonderful!

Ragan said...

Ouch! Glad you're feeling better. And I'm so glad you guys have such great friends to help out when you need them, I'm sure it's because you do the same.