
I am not really sure to which beginning I am referring to with my title, but lets all assume for the sake of bloggery that it refers to the beginning of my entrance into this vortex of creative thought and expression, referred to from here on as the blogosphere. Maybe Blogosphere would be more appropriate for a world of blog then a vortex of blog, but I digress.
Jenna has been blogging for sometime now and she seems to be thoroughly addicted to the "sport". It also seems to be a good way to keep tabs on friends...and "not" friends, who can become friends. I also figured it would be a good way to get what I am thinking and experiencing off my chest and thrown into the collective pool of humanity.
So we begin. Hence the title...In the Beginning. Genesis will probably be a better place to go for inspired insight, but lets begin anyway.
So...lately I have been thinking about missionary work. How to do it, how to be good at it. The conclusion I keep coming back to is that we have to be ready. We have to pray. We have to befriend those around us, and we have to trust the Lord will bring us opportunities and courage. Sharing the gospel can be a bit frightening to some of us...myself included, but I have been surprised to see opportunities come lately as I have studied scriptures more, prayed specifically, and trusted. The opportunities that have come in the last few weeks haven't been anything frightening, just simple conversations with people I already know. The great part about it is that as I have trusted the Lord to do his work, those people are the ones asking the questions.
Okay. That's my first blog. Kind of a milestone. Hopefully this won't be the only one!
1 comment:
I'm definitely glad to call you my honey! I'm glad you have started a blog, and will able to get those funny and interesting thoughts down on paper... er... screen? I love you!
Post a Comment